- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Rural areas only. Rare cases in the Mekong and Red River Deltas. None in the cities of Da Nang, Haiphong, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Nha Trang, and Qui Nhon.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine and mefloquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 50%–90%, P. vivax 10%–50%, P. knowlesi rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis:
- Southern part of the country in the provinces of Dac Lac, Gia Lai, Khanh Hoa, Kon Tum, Lam Dong, Ninh Thuan, Song Be, Tay Ninh: Atovaquone-proguanil or doxycycline.
- Other areas with malaria except Mekong and Red River Deltas: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
- Mekong and Red River Deltas: Mosquito avoidance only.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Vietnam." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204434/all/Vietnam.
Vietnam. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204434/all/Vietnam. Accessed April 4, 2020.
Vietnam. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved April 04, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204434/all/Vietnam
Vietnam [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 April 04]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204434/all/Vietnam.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Vietnam ID - 204434 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204434/all/Vietnam PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -