- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Generally not recommended for travelers going to the North West and Western Provinces (see Map 3-41).
- Not recommended in all other areas not listed above.
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >90%, P. vivax up to 5%, P. ovale up to 5%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Map 3-41. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Zambia 1
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Zambia." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204438/all/Zambia.
Zambia. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204438/all/Zambia. Accessed January 29, 2020.
Zambia. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204438/all/Zambia
Zambia [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 January 29]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204438/all/Zambia.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Zambia ID - 204438 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204438/all/Zambia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -