- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: Present throughout the country, including Siem Reap city. None in the city of Phnom Penh and at the temple complex at Angkor Wat.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine and mefloquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 60%, P. vivax 40%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: In the provinces of Banteay Meanchey, Battambang, Kampot, Koh Kong, Odder Meanchey, Pailin, Preah Vihear, Pursat, and Siem Reap bordering Thailand: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or tafenoquine. 4 All other areas with malaria: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4