- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present throughout the country, including Siem Reap city. None in the city of Phnom Penh or at the temple complex at Angkor Wat.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine and mefloquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 86%, P. vivax 12%, P. malariae 2%, P. knowlesi rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis:
- In the provinces of Banteay Meanchey, Battambang, Kampot, Koh Kong, Odder Meanchey, Pailin, Preah Vihear, Pursat, and Siem Reap bordering Thailand: Atovaquone-proguanil or doxycycline.
- All other areas with malaria: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Cambodia ID - 204492 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204492/all/Cambodia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -